Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not enough to do

While I was getting ready for work this morning, I found there were a few chores I was going to have to do when I got home. I always start up my truck to warm it up and defrost the windows. The headlights always go on when the truck is running.
I went around to wipe off the side windows and noticed one of the headlights is out. (chore #1) Then when I went to go back in the house I noticed that my reverse light was on. But...the truck is not in reverse. I still haven't gotten the current tags for my truck and I was thinking I don't really want to draw attention to myself by having the reverse light on. I went and jiggled the gear shift and the light went out, but I realized that there was only one of the reverse lights lit, so I picked up a bulb for that while I was getting the headlight. (chore #2)
I got a 5-speed cruiser for $20 from my neighbor Sunday. It is in desperate need of lubrication. (chore #3) I also found a dog collar that is supposed to be good for aggressive/dominant dogs. I have one of those, so I bought the stuff to make the collar instead of spending $14.50 +S/H and waiting two weeks for it. (chore #4)
Then there is my weaving I want to do...not a chore, but I want to get on it.
I suppose I should go and get busy with stuff, I can't put these things off forever.
Oh yeah! Since I slept most of Sunday and Monday, I felt a little more human Tuesday. Today is even better. It's amazing what sleep can do!
4/7/2011
Ahem: I got one of those chores done yesterday! I lubricated the bike. I was sold the wrong bulb for the headlight, so I couldn't do that. I didn't want to pull apart my truck light lenses one at a time so I put off the reverse light bulb until I have the right headlight. I just wasn't feeling the dog collar. No weaving either! I made dinner, ate and went to bed. Today my stomach is giving me fits, so I am staying home from work. I'm tired.

2 comments:

  1. Just reading this made me tired. I have a chore list a mile long and not accomplishing anything. I'm glad you got some sleep. I love sleeping and wonder if it's a way for me to escape. Maybe you motivated me to get something done today. It is Sunday...LOL

    I need something to make me excited. Miss that feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paxie - I'm tired just from reading this, LOL!

    ReplyDelete