Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Some Progress

I set everything aside for a couple of days. I left it in the front room, in the way of everything. It meant I was going to get back to it as soon as I possibly could. Monday MD and I tackled the tangled weft. I am finding that MD is more into "let's get 'er done" than I am at times! It pleased me that she just jumped right in and wanted to settle the tangled web I have made. We got it done and I got a few inches of weaving done yesterday. As I have said before, I am using up whatever yarns I have around here to practice with. I want to practice with all the free stuff I have around the house before I go spending big bucks on the good stuff. I used rug weft for this one. It was some I bought from e-bay. I only spent $35 on about 7 spools. I think these spools will last me for a while. Although with my silly calculations (you know...me all thinking I knew what I was doing) I may tangle more than I actually use. The tangled stuff will be used for stuffing pillows or something.
At any rate...here are the newest results:





Sunday we went to YD's B/F's Dad's memorial. I hadn't met him yet. I so wish that I had. There was standing room only in the church, and such beautiful things were said about the man. My daughter was devastated at his passing. He was the gentle dad that she really deserved in life. I am so grateful that she had a chance to live with the family. She knows now that all father's are not ugly.
The little town where they live is the kind I wish I lived in now. It is a kindly little farming community where everyone takes care of everyone. It's a beautiful little place.

I'm going to go and do some more weaving. I am addicted!
I hope all is well with you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so cool. Just so you know, I recently became addicted to weaving too. I'm looking for a good source for linen warp although right now I'm playing with alternate fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have followed another blog that weaves. I think it is a terrific hobby.

    ReplyDelete